View Single Post
      05-14-2008, 07:33 AM   #28
DTLoughlin
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
i think chicks don't like guys who drive stick just to be more appealing to chicks. chicks generally like guys who have the confidence to do their own thing because they enjoy it and not to impress chicks.
Exactly! And while we're on the "stick" issue....you will notice that some of the fastest times achieved with the 135 have been with an "automatic". I have owned several "performance" cars with 4, 5 and 6 speeds, the most recent being a 350z. All were fun, but to be totally honest, the shifting became tedious at times. Now I realize that I'm somewhat older than the majority of the 1Addicts members, so please do not take offense. I like acceleration, but unless you are extreamly good with a stick (especially a 6 speed), an "auto" will win the 0-60 contest. First gear in a 6 speed is for the most part a "creeper" gear and you better be out of it in a nano-second. Some will disagree, but the majority of us are only great shifters in our mind (and some are damn good). Again, please don't take offense but I'm getting a little tired of the assumption that stick is always the best.
Appreciate 0