footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stranger View Post
A 335i beat the S5 on the track.
I'm not one for getting into an argument over something as silly as 0.3s of a second over a one minute lap. If you are under the impression that the 335i won this test well what ever floats your boat my friend, that test was so close that it could have when either way.

One thing is for sure, I know from experience that on the road the S5 has the 335i well and truly beaten and that's before you throw in the bad weather conditions into the mix.

But why are we discussing the 335i in the debate at all, the title of the thread is the S5 vs M3, and on this I love my S5 but it's not in the same league as the M3. Whether the RS5 improve on the high standards already been set by both the RS4 and M3, I am unsure. The S5 was expected to move things on from the RS4 but the truth is that it only improved things over the S4, whether the same amount of improvement will carry over to the RS4 vs RS5 I don't know.

If the answer is yes then chances are it will be top dog once again. Of more interest to me is what power output will it have, some are suggesting close to 500hp which can only mean a return to forced induction just like the RS6. That would definitely mean that on a performance terms the RS5 would be on a different level to either the M3 or C63.

An interesting couple of years wait to see how things pan out.
Appreciate 0