View Single Post
      07-28-2007, 06:44 PM   #14
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by 010101 View Post
Lets see... The Cayman S is a mid boxer engined car that weighs under 3k pounds, has a precise cable linked shifter, perfectly tuned suspension and steering, mono block multipiston brakes with cross drilled rotors and is probably the best handling car sold in the US aside from a Lotus or maybe a GT3.

The 335i is an overweight, runflat equipped soft suspensioned luxury car with single piston floating calipers. Again, maybe procede makes it faster in a straight line, but a mustang is fast in a straight line as well. The 335i is just never going to be the sports car the Cayman or 911 is. Just like the Cayman is never going to take four adults golfing in quiet comfort.
Funny, b/c the 335i very close to a Cayman S at the track (there are multiple threads on 335i's in track races with Cayman S and others), and it's faster in a straight line than a Cayman S.

A Cayman S isn't even much of a challenge for a PROcede 335i. Dude, I think you're on the wrong Forum...this is a BMW Enthusiast Forum; we love Porsches but please also give credit where credit is due -- the 335i is one very competitive car...let's not forget that a stock 335i's TQ is ~ 350 lb.-ft. (based on dynos not BMW's published underrated numbers) and a PROcede 335i's TQ is ~ 450 lb.-ft.).

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |

Last edited by sflgator; 07-28-2007 at 07:09 PM..
Appreciate 0