Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ View Post
already test drove one today.

http://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=202925

So you can see comments from the MB crowd. Ill copy my review. But overall hands down the E9X beats it all around, the C class has gone lexus in my opinion.

Dropped a car off for service today and test drove the new C300. Overall the car doesnt appeal to me it has the lexus IS mirror along with a very lexus interior especially the gauges. I still prefer the interior of my BMW (new 3series E90) at least the BMW does a better at making the plastic look expesnive along with the exterior styling cues of the BMW which give it a very stream line and aggressive look, to me the C300 with the AMG package looked chunky in the front and the mirrors didnt help the flow at all.

As for ride quality the steering has no feel at all very dead even more dead than a E350 sport. I will say at times the soft suspension is nice to have especially on bad roads (the C300 I test drove had the AMG sport package with sports suspension) but I would still take my BMW suspension and driving feel in a hear beat. Acceleration was very smooth in fact the smoothest Mercedes yet at WOT, as for speed I would get the C350, the C300 was SLOW on the same roads at WOT my BMW would be easily 10-20mph faster.

Overall its a nice car if you are older and prefer the luxury ride, but I think the younger folks like myself would chose a BMW 3 seires every time. I also didnt like the flip up command screen it looked cheap and I was thinking its only a matter of time before it rattles. One last thing the AL trim on the inside of the car seemed like painted plastic... I couldnt tell but it didnt look like the real AL trim on my BMW.
Thanks for jacking my thread buddy. Ill put my opinions in the next post.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0