ortho281
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
Checkout Stop Tech Street performance pads and Motul RBF600 fluid.........Phil
If you are only tracking 3-4 days and running less than 80% then may be ok with OEM pads. If experiencing fade with OEM pads then switch to StopTech street performance pads. They have excellent cold (street) and hot (track) friction, are quiet and have a MOT of 1300F. The Motul RBF600 is hard to beat, but changing fluid frequent is more important than which DOT 4 fluid you use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
The Stoptech pads are OK for the track but IMO a dedicated high temp track pads are the way to go. If for no other reason it gives you a forced opportunity to check your brakes, suspension, and tires before and after. Just like tires, need the right pad for the right application. Stoptech specifies light track use...not sure what that means. So I guess they will work if you drive lightly? But E9Xs are heavy pigs and your front brakes take a beating. Better safe with pads built for use at the track than sorry with fading brakes if you ask me.

PF01s are good but don't last very long on the OEM brakes. If cost is a concern, I'd look at a high temp endurance pad like a Pagid Yellow or PF06. There are many others out there.
Agreed, but OP is only tracking 3-4 days/year, and so may never need a full race pad. The ST street performance would do.

Akra GT4 / MS Stage 2 / MS UDP / BPM Tune / KW CS / H&R Sways / TMS Delrin / ST 380/355 BBK / Cantrell 2.5" Ducts / SR34 Pads / Apex Arc-8 / Hoosier R7's / Mode GT4 Splitter / GT4 Canards / APR GT-250 Wing / Cantrell Half Cage / Recaro Pro Racer / Schroth Profi II-6 / BMW Alcantera Wheel / Cool Shirt / ESS Fire Supp / Solo DL

Last edited by ortho281; 12-14-2012 at 10:42 AM..
Appreciate 0