View Single Post
      09-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #4
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

Damn, bro, it's crazy that we were just talking about you holding on to this car for awhile after everything you've put into it. You've got the right attitude though. Life is often out of our hands, and you just have to roll with the punches and look for the positive in the outcome.

I've gotta say, unless there's a lot I'm not seeing (which is often the case), it's pretty close, but it's probably not totalled. It's going to come down to what happened to the motor, which you can't really see from these pictures. A few years back, my E46 was hit by a guy in a new truck with no insurance. It looked like a write-off to me, but the insurance company paid more than $20k to fix it.

The good news is that you brought your car to the best collision repair place in the state. Metropolitan fixed up my E46 perfectly, and I will only go back to them in the future (hopefully, I don't have to). Afterwards, when I took it into CarMax for an appraisal, they could tell that it had been in an accident, but commented that the work was the best they'd ever seen. They said some of the welds looked like they had come from the factory.