05-22-2007, 02:34 PM   #35
Phoenix 21st
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 M-dct SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13eastie View Post
It might serve you well to be a little more open minded. I don't have the reference (some kind soul might like to help me out), but I believe the 335i engine (twin turbo) was hailed as the best new engine of 2006, and I can't really say I've heard many complaints from F40 (also twin turbo) drivers!

Since power is merely a function of torque and revs, torque is a pretty crucial aspect of performance, and clever deployment of turbos can gain a wide-ranging boost in torque

Finally, I don't really understand how you would go about identifying an "equivalent" diesel engine...

I don't mean to get argumentative, but I just think it's always worthwhile considering all of the available options - none of us really want to miss out on something cool for the sake of a little blue and white badge do we?

The reason i think its isnt the best topic / comprison, is because the two cars (rs5 & e92) are in two different classes, FI and NA.

why not compare other super cars that are bi-turboed?

If the rs5 is going to get 450 hp from 4.2 twin turbo, i think its a let down. Bigger engine, twin turbos and 30 odd hp more. Audi must be really pleased.
Appreciate 0