13eastie
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The CSL View Post
I do. Forced induction is so well forced. With the M3 you're getting power through a megar-rev range whereas with FI, I can't see the Audi lump putting all its power through until 8250rpm as it currently does. Rats to torque as well. Diesels have a lot of torque but the equivalent petrol car is still quicker.
It might serve you well to be a little more open minded. I don't have the reference (some kind soul might like to help me out), but I believe the 335i engine (twin turbo) was hailed as the best new engine of 2006, and I can't really say I've heard many complaints from F40 (also twin turbo) drivers!

Since power is merely a function of torque and revs, torque is a pretty crucial aspect of performance, and clever deployment of turbos can gain a wide-ranging boost in torque

Finally, I don't really understand how you would go about identifying an "equivalent" diesel engine...

I don't mean to get argumentative, but I just think it's always worthwhile considering all of the available options - none of us really want to miss out on something cool for the sake of a little blue and white badge do we?

Last edited by 13eastie; 05-22-2007 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0