View Single Post
      03-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #21
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggerunn View Post
I understand that is exactly right. Apparently the scam is to deposit something way short of asking price, claim that was the agreed to deal, and then threaten to sue you (in their place of the world) for fraud if you don't produce the car for the lesser price. Puts you in a spot where you have settle for some dollar amount to make it all go away.
Interesting. Obviously this is a scam, but you are the first to suggest how it might actually work. I'm not sure I completely buy that this would be worth the hassle for the scammer though. After all, what if you just bolt, shut off your PP account and take his deposit? Seems like a pretty precarious way to try and pull a scam to me.

I am wondering if there is not something more to this that involves him somehow getting ahold of your paypal account. Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stega View Post
So tell him ur paypal email... Let him pay...
Bad idea. But I wonder if you can give him someone else's who doesn't care about their account. Maybe set up a shill account, and as soon as he pays (if he does - which I am skeptical of) you shut off the account or just remove the link to the bank account that backs it.
Appreciate 0