02-07-2011, 11:44 PM   #13
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloogy View Post
I am currently on Percocet and Tramadol. But when working, I just use Ibuprofen. As you know it's a horrible condition. I am only 37 , so the DR says it must be hereditary. I have it in both hips.
are you doing any PT? Or any type of pre-op strengthening? Going into surgery a bit stronger and stable and/or at least preventing any further atrophy due to non-use and pn can only help speed along your recovery. If land/gym PT or exercise is too aggravating, look into aquatic PT/exercise. The buoyancy of the water can help decompress the hips so you can perform some weight bearing activities and strengthen with less pn. Even some manual mobilizations for hip distraction might help ease the pn a bit.

37 y/o, that's pretty young, I guess due to the hip jt. degen you are not a candidate for hip resurfacing. I think there are only 1 or 2 MD's in your area (San Diego IIRC) that perform this procedure, but my patients that I've treated that have underwent this procedure return to function faster and with less complications. The inclusion factor for resurfacing is more demanding than a THR.

GL with your surgeries...