01-19-2011, 05:21 PM   #226
3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
That's figure of speech, I wasn't expecting or care anyone to do so, because I know no engineering system test was ever performed to test race worthiness of the car before and after the modification. Reason why I pose those questions is because of their claim:

I don't think tossing a whole bunch of premium parts like ones found on a race car translates to a race ready car and represents true motor sports passion. I gave IND props for making an excellent show and street car, which if I would to build a similar street car I would definitely call them. Case in point is that extended shifter on a 6spd manual to mimic appearance of a sequential gear box found on race cars. Also the oversize wheels pointed out by another poster. All those premium parts no doubt improved stock M3 in certain aspect but in terms of how well each integrate and synegistically create more value than individually is up for question. I think it's smoke and mirrors to the next level. Don't take it negatively, it's meant in a good way.

If all these mods were done on a 135 you would be shitting your pants.

edit: And how can calling it "smoke and mirrors" not be a bad thing? Its not David fucking Blain or Chris Angel, its an M3. Just because you say "not meant negatively" does not mean its not negative lol.