View Single Post
      01-19-2011, 05:15 PM   #223
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPowerJ View Post
I seriously doubt anyone cares about making you a believer.

Where did IND state they were creating a car to achieve x time on x track?

This is no poseur car I can assure you!
That's figure of speech, I wasn't expecting or care anyone to do so, because I know no engineering system test was ever performed to test race worthiness of the car before and after the modification. Reason why I pose those questions is because of their claim:

Quote:
Too many cars getting full page features in magazines these days are merely smoke and mirrors. Friends of mine in the magazine business have told me of cars showing up to photoshoots having to be pushed off of a trailer because the motor hasn’t run in months. I hear of cars with enormous widebody conversions and motorsport inspired liveries that still have factory braking components all the way down to brake pad, terrible quality tires of unkown branding and origin that barely have enough grip for the street, and a rear muffler as the car’s only performance modification. These cars are not an expression of a shop’s love for automobiles as they should be, but rather an inauthentic push for profit, and profit alone.
I don't think tossing (tossing used generally, IND did it tastefully) a whole bunch of premium parts like ones found on a race car translates to a race ready car and represents true motor sports passion. I gave IND props for making an excellent show and street car, which if I would to build a similar street car I would definitely call them. Case in point is that extended shifter on a 6spd manual to mimic appearance of a sequential gear box found on race cars. Also the oversize wheels pointed out by another poster. All those premium parts no doubt improved stock M3 in certain aspect but in terms of how well each integrate and synegistically create more value than individually is up for question. I think it's smoke and mirrors to the next level. Don't take it negatively, it's meant in a good way.

Let me put it simply. If I am to run http://www.onelapofamerica.com/ tomorrow, I am not going to stop at IND's modifications. A lot more work needs to be done to ensure the car will finish and finish in top position.

Last edited by Robert; 01-19-2011 at 05:23 PM..
Appreciate 0