08-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #53
Nelrock
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVG View Post
I'm glad I stayed with my 6MT choice. The other day I had my Porsche Cayenne in for routine service and they gave me an Audi S4 with dual clutch as a loaner. I took advantage of the opportunity to really put some time in with this dual clutch system. No question that the shifts are lightening fast, but beyond that it is no different from a torque converter automatic which also meant (to me) that it was as boring as a torque converter automatic.

There is still nothing as gratifying (at least for the experienced manual driver) as the physical motions of using the clutch and the shifter and the satisfaction that comes when you pull it off all perfectly. It is almost like a type of achievement. That said, the M3 is not my DD. If it was my DD and/or my only car, I think I would have opted for DCT. My Porsche Cayenne is my DD and it is an automatic.
Audi DCT...not even in same ballpark. The M3's is phenominal. Nothing boring about it.

2011 E92 M3 | Melbourne Red | Black Novillo w/Carbon Leather Trim | M-DCT | Competition Package | Premium Package 2 | Convenience Package | Enhanced Premium Sound | Heated Front Seats
2004 E46 M3 | Silver Grey | - Retired
Appreciate 0