07-26-2009, 08:51 PM   #7
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by attbimmer View Post
This works for cars with comfort access as well, because once you pull the key out of the fob the car doesn't detected the key in the car anymore. If you leave the fob with the key in it in the car and try to lock it the car will unlock itself automatically when it detects the key/fob in the car.
Nope. The metal key has no electronics in it. The car detects the fob, not the metal key.

If you have CA and you leave the fob in the trunk and close it, it will re-open the trunk if it does not sense another fob outside. Yes, I have tested it without the metal key in the fob.

I have not tested to see if the DOORS will unlock themselves without another fob outside, but that scenario is hard to come by in the real world. Usually you would use the CA ridges on the handle to lock, and the ridges dont work if the fob is not outside of the car with you. Or press the lock button on the fob, which obviously requires the fob to be in your possession.
Appreciate 0