gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Actually it isn't.

As much as DCT could be considered an automatic, it does not behave nor feel the same as a standard auto. First, most automatics offer worse acceleration performance than their manual counterparts. Further, they have a very "disconnected drivetrain" feeling due to the torque converter, hence the slush box designation. I have driven my friends IS-F, I totally disliked the transmission. Same impression for my other buddy's C63 I've driven (it was the older version before MCT).

If the M3 was offered with a choice of MT or standard slushbox automatic, I would not even give the automatic a consideration. The DCT is a very interesting compromise.

Although I do miss rowing my own gears and doing nice heel-and-toe downshifts, I don't regret my choice of picking the DCT

The choice between DCT and 6MT all boils down to personal preference. There is no good or bad answer .
Im sure its super fast and lightyears ahead of a traditional auto, but at the end of the day it comes down to really wanting an actual manual (i.e. clutch pedal and stick shift) or a paddle shifting auto.
Appreciate 0