View Single Post
      09-10-2011, 02:45 PM   #12
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall$treet View Post
It goes to show you the mark up people charge to m3 owners because they know they will pay and can pay. Look at bmw performance exhaust for the 335. Its 1200 bucks and includes more pieces than the m3 exhaust. I know its not inconel.

Or eisenmann is 1200 for their 335 exhaust and almost 3k for the m3 exhaust with the same amount of material.

Megan is right on the money-that is truly how much an exhaust should be-in the 1k range and the company is still making 800-900 dollars profit on that as materials and time once the process gets started is no more than 100-200 dollars per exhaust.

I would go megan if going with an exhaust.

Use some common sense-there is only so many things to do inside a couple small can mufflers! Most are simple glasspacks "straight through" types, nothin more than a flowmaster glorified in a fancy can. Most of the mufflers that have single cans on each side are simply a straight through perfororated pipe with packing of insulation around it.

The single can exhauts have a variation of a couple bends of perforated tubes or non perforated tubes with a variety of insulative materials.

Not too many things you can do in an exhaust can yet they charge extreme amounts. But I do not blame them because most of the fools here and in real life pay the money!
Exactly..

I mean look at other brands..you can get a full exhaust system for a 2011+ Mustang 5.0L. You can get long tube headers, high flow metallic cats along with a full cat back system for $1500. All high quality stainless with mandrel bends.

I didn't want to go the expensive route and felt the Megan exhaust is right where a cat back should cost. This along with the Turner Test Pipes is the smart way to go imho. If you want to throw money at the car you can do it, but at least there is now a cost effective way of doing this.

Dave
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 0