footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Much to the contrary. Your position has always been that the surge is not a normal part of a DCT (despite anything being possible with software...) AND that surge does not improve performance AND that is was included ONLY for making it feel like SMG. I have shown you to be wrong on all accounts and now enigma has told us he has track based data acquisition proof that shows you are wrong. I beat you into submission where you basically agreed I am right but you still have this twisted little fantast that you are right as well. All I can say is:
swamp, all of these system cut the ignition at the point of the shift, it's the only way for shift to be seamless, that was by design from the very start, that is why Larry Lock commented that DCT by design was too smooth and needed sportiness engineered into it. BMW knew full well that such a setup would not be accepted because it's most likely customers were the very people who loved the SMG system prior to it. They needed a way of injecting the same sportiness and that was done by altering the rev point of when the second clutch engages to create the surge. I said quite early on that the NO BENEFIT thing was a misunderstanding with what I was told and that yes there was an improvement but thought it wouldn't outweigh the negatives.

As for the data, I would love to run my eye over it.

Maybe your opinion of what SUBMISSION is different to mine,

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
And, by the way, where is your proof that DCTs are shifting in this range?
That is a well documented estimates of what the total shift takes. Remember this is from the paddle is pulled till the other gear is engaged and not the time of the shift itself which we know is zero lose in forward momentum.
Appreciate 0