07-11-2014, 08:19 PM   #59
M3 Pilot
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17' F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by krx927 View Post
Of course BBK plays big part in it, brakes do not get so hot and they cool down significantly faster.

I do that constantly. Even when I got the issue with pad deposits I was doing it. Unfortunately at that time I obviously got brakes so hot that they did not cool down enough and I got pad deposits.

One question for you since you are running AP Racing. Do you also have the issue of drone noise (similar to rubbing a finger around the rim of a wine glass)? That is when you are driving slowly and not pressing the brakes. It is happening to me constantly, specially when I am turning.
You can still get uneven pad deposits with or without BBK. Hence nothing to do with having BBK.

Its all about proper bed in and cool down procedures and you will be fine. A BBK can tolerate heat longer than stock brakes while driving/racing but doesn't mean you should pull into the pits after a hot lap and walk away. Depending on track length, a cool down lap and several rounds at the parking lot will cool down/prevent hot spots.

I get the drone sound all the time on AP Racing. These brakes have a little flex in them which does move within millimeters.

So long you inspect the mounts are torqued correctly and the S/S lines are not in contact with rotational parts.
Appreciate 0