View Single Post
      10-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #19
hpc3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 G80 Base, Build Week 12

Thanks for the clarification. So is the relay on/closed whenever the car is awake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
If you stay in the car for awhile (3-5 minutes) with the doors closed and the car off, then the relay must click if it is wired/working correctly once you open a door, turn the car on or the iDrive on (press volume button with car off). The relay provides the 12V to the camera itself.

So if you hear the click then the relay is wired correctly and working. That's takes care of the relay test.

To determine if the camera is actually receiving 12V then you must test the camera power jack (at its cable) itself or the relay terminal 87 for 12V.

The OEM cam emulator is wired/working properly because you do see the the OEM rear camera screen but no video. So your problem is the power to the camera.
I'll try the sleep-then-wake from within the car this afternoon and see if I can get a click/sound. It was not making any audiable noise that I could determine yesterday with going into reverse then neutral then back again. I was guessing the relay only activated when the reverse signal came on... that would explain that aspect then if the relay is hot while the car is on. Thanks for the help.

Hal.

Born on July 4th, 2012, PCD September 5th, 2012.
Appreciate 0