View Single Post
      02-01-2010, 03:29 PM   #21
Big_V
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
Their loss I guess.

I just got an email from Patrick at Bavauto and they have no problems shipping the Castrol TWS 10W-60 to APOs and he aslo says they do so quite regularly. Shipping for 10 liters and the filter was $30.45. The oil is $11.95/liter and the filter is $17.95 for a grand total shipped of $167.90.

I'm going to check the KMCC tomorrow but if they're out I'm going to place my order tomorrow since I only have about 300 miles to go before I need my 1200 mile service.
Last I checked with KMCC in Nov, the auto parts manager said they no longer carried 10W-60 since it's not a regular AAFES shelf item. However, he did say that a customer could put in a special request (he mentioned there was a minimum order amount), after which AAFES would send out a price quote request from a vendor. No guarantee that the price would be the same as when he used to stock it at Vogelweh Auto Parts Store (which was closed and moved into the KMCC).

I ordered mine through BavAuto (only source I found that ships to APO), and even with shipping it was cheaper than when I bought my first 9 qts from Vogelweh (it was almost $17/qt when they carried it).

Last edited by Big_V; 02-01-2010 at 03:36 PM..
Appreciate 0