View Single Post
      05-15-2009, 07:31 PM   #5
mkdiehl
Rep
Drives: '08 M3 Sedan, 6MT

bit of a long story...and not positive I want to get rid of it.

I just don't find the opportunity to drive this thing like I want or it should be driven...it's a case of a sledgehammer for a nail. The power is so high up that by the time you are accessing it you are way over the speed limit. Of course it handles great at lower speeds and that is fun...but i find i am using it as a commuter, getting 19 miles a gallon; you know that isn't right!

I had an 03 mustang cobra with amost 600 hp and had the same issue once I thought about it.....never could really use all of that power without risking my license.

had a mini cooper S with some power mods and seems like that was actully a lot more fun to drive regularly...I could beat the crap out of it and throw it around...like i was actually DRIVING but at reduced speeds.

I think I am learning that i get more thrills at the track with my ducati, supermoto bike, and go cart and it makes driving on the street a little less so.....

wife is getting a 335xi....i know it is not the same, but that is one sweet motor for the average street drive. seems not to make sense to have the m3 and the 335.

thinking of getting a 370z instead.....

I go through cars pretty often....never seem to find my happy place.

we'll see...I'll keep checking in on a denver meet.

thanks for the therapy (and allowing me to not capitalize).

matt
Appreciate 0