12-13-2011, 08:06 PM   #58
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Freeeek! View Post
I hope you don't go complaining to actual people (in real life) that the BMW dealer gave you a "shitty pickup truck loaner". Unfortunately, you probably did, very loud on your cell phone - most likely in a public place. I bet you started doing exactly that in the waiting area, while they were bringing your pickup around. You must be really high maintenance folks if having to drive around in a pickup truck causes you such distress. I don't mean to come across as rude or hostile, but I mean come on...seriously????

In general, I have observed that the higher volume dealers suck when it comes to customer service. I am lucky that I was able to purchase my car with a small town dealer who is closeby enough that I can justify going out of town for servicing. It's the town that I grew up in and my parents still live there. Whenever the car is due for service, they pick it up from my parents house, leave a loaner, and then bring it back when it is done - they usually have no problem with me coming the following day (if it gets too late) to pick up my car and return their loaner. I am a little nervous about taking it to the high volume dealer here in Orlando (Fields) should anything go wrong, since customer service seems to be pretty much non-existent there. However, the service manager at my dealership told me that *technically* service centers are supposed to provide a loaner (regardless of whether you purchased the car through them or not) if the car was brought in for warranty work.

It's unfortunate that your BMW experience has been unpleasant. Is there more than one dealer in your area - perhaps customer service is lacking at that particular location? If you really feel wronged, let them know, and if they don't make it right, contact BMWNA about your disappointment with service standards and consistency across the brand.

If I got a pickup as my loaner, I'd soothe my disappointment with not getting a 328i loaner by going for some off-roading and dirty driving in the mud!
I NEVER let them drive my car!!! Although I have always got amazing service from my dealership.

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0