01-11-2008, 06:09 PM   #121
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
I am not sure how to quantify or demonstrate the M6's handling by words. All I can say is that it is bulky on the road but feels very nimble at high speeds on the track.

You should try it.
I haven't tried the M6, only M5 which up to a point impressed me but I felt that the engine was the main character in the whole thing and dominated everything, it's one of those occasions when a slight front weight balance and 500hp going solely to the rear felt like a bad idea. Unlike the M3 the M5 you know there was a point when the chassis said enough was enough.

I can't knock the thing for the speed it's capable of, because there is few cars can gather speed as quickly but to me the chassis isn't one of BMW's finest. I reckon if BMW had given the M5 and M6 the new X-Drive out of the X6 then we wouldn't be having this debate at all because I would probably be praising it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E9Rice
He probably hasn't or wont, but just likes to talk smack because his beloved RS4 / S5 always get spanked by BMW M3 / 335.
Look how lame the S5 performs. Lost or barely even to a "one wheel drive" 335 on shity tires. I guess the "quattro" was broken during that test
So you happen to drive a one wheel drive car do you, it wouldn't happen to be a scooter would it. Because most of what you say would lead me to believe you don't actually hold a license.

Is there ever anything that you bring to the table that isn't gibberish, I think when someone described you as T-Bone's whipping boy they got it right.
Appreciate 0