View Single Post
      07-31-2010, 10:02 PM   #7
elh0102
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbler View Post
Tomorrow I make my return back into the M family, I am picking up my 2011 M3 in the morning. I am giving up the 2009 GTR. I have owned an E39 M5, E60 (Dinan-mod) M5, Z06, (2) Mercedes E55 (1) Mercedes CL55 porsche GT3 and a custom 911s. I love cars, but now I need to slow down a bit (getting close to retirement). Good to be back...going to keep it simple (not!)
I know what you mean. I've done a lot of track time the last 8 years, beginning with an E46 M3, then a ZO6, and a GT3. All were a lot of fun, but I think I'm going to quit the track stuff, as retirement is now in sight. I've been very fortunate to avoid any damage to car or person, and I want to end it that way. Just bought a 2011 M3 coupe, no options except comp package and DCT. The latter is something I never thought I would buy, but after test driving a few, I like it, and it's easier for the wife. And frankly, after the GT3, the BMW clutch and shifter are not very enjoyable. I believed years ago that an M3 is very hard to beat as an all around high performance street car, and I've owned nothing to make me change my mind.
Appreciate 0