12-13-2009, 11:34 PM   #10
dizman7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 99 E36 M3 Cabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlue View Post
Don't know where you got it that the front tires should be 32; that's the absolute minimum they should be thus the tpm warning comes in just less than 32. I keep all of mine at least 35 and usually closer to 38-40. Nothing complicated about it... if your tires are right at 32 psi and the temp drops 10 or 20 degrees less than it was, your tires will be at 31 psi and you will get the tpm warning.
I believe I got it from the sticker right inside the driver side door for OEM 19" wheels. Also I've been running them at 32psi front and 35psi rear for almost a year now with no TPM warnings, though I have had to fill them up from time to time.

But see it's not a TPM warning. I have seen a warning once when one tire got way lower than the others, and it actually said something like "hey the passenger rear tire is low", but this issue says on the iDrive "TPM Malfunction!".

Also the TPM doesn't know the psi of any the tires, it just can tell if there is difference in pressure of one tire compared to the others. If they all go down equally it won't say a thing to you. Which is why they tell you to still check the tire pressure regularly, despite having a TPM system.