View Single Post
      12-13-2009, 11:23 PM   #8
MysticBlue
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '20 M5C, '09 M3 DCT Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizman7 View Post
The cold weather warning is normal, I believe it does that when it's below 37 degrees.

I had a similar problem with mine and a "TPM Malfunction" error. They first night I left it parked out when the temps were below 30 (I was working late) I got the "TPM Malfuction" when I started the car, and it kept beeping every 20sec (literally!). I went to the closest gas station and check the pressure, all the tires were at 30psi, so I filled them up since the fronts should be 32psi, and the rears 35psi and I reset the TPM.

It still did it all the way home, where I parked it in the garage. When I left the next day it was fine. Then that next night I had to work late again and the same thing happened when I left "TPM Malfunction" every 20sec, beep, beep, beep. I checked the tires again but they were the same lvls from when I filled them the night before.

I haven't driven the car since then because it has snowed now, but I was starting to think it has to be related to the compound of those tires and it being so cold (20's), but curious what the "experts" say about that.
Don't know where you got it that the front tires should be 32; that's the absolute minimum they should be thus the tpm warning comes in just less than 32. I keep all of mine at least 35 and usually closer to 38-40. Nothing complicated about it... if your tires are right at 32 psi and the temp drops 20 degrees less than it was, your tires will be at 31 psi and you will get the tpm warning.
Appreciate 0