12-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #4
smokinjoe64
Naval Aviator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 e92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
I live in Atlanta and the weather recently starting getting a bit cooler, mid 30's or so at night. Took the M out the other night for an early Christmas party and she was parked outside for maybe 2 hours.

When I came out and started the car, I received several immediate errors...most importantly the tire pressure had changed in the front right tire. I also received a message about the bluetooth not being able to pair and the cold weather message.

Could the cold weather cause the tire pressure error? I reset it and it has not come back on....

Any advice about other cold weather experiences would be appreciated. My car is garaged otherwise and this is really the first cold weather it has experienced.

Thanks
My M is a daily driver, and for me that means even in the Twin Cites (Minnesota). This will be my second winter with the M3 and I can assure you the car is more than capable as I've seen temps to -30F.

As previously noted, one must be aware and pay attention to the tire pressure changes with low temps, but the TMPS system does work well if mindful. Remember, BMW originates from Bavaria where winters are in fact cold, so it's designed with adequate capability, especially compared to ATL winters .

Appreciate 0