View Single Post
      05-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #62
NikB316
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition, F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post

How can you use kickdown without going wide open throttle? As far as I understand, you cant? So are you saying kickdown works just fine with your kit?

I *think* he means his kickdown mode works fine when under WOT but he chooses not to use it. I'm I am wrong maybe he is referring to something other than kickdown mode? It is really easy to drive in 6th on the highway when wanting to me more aggressive and simply slapping the paddle twice when wanting that power to make others cry

If you take it easy in the auto mode you won't experience slip. This is at the highest shift setting I am speaking from. I'll play around with D a little bit today in a lower shift mode to see if that changes anything.

I totally understand the wifey concern. Honestly it is an issue that should be talked about a bit more as it has prevented me from letting friends and family drive my car who only use auto. I sit in the passenger seat terrified of feeling that slip lol. On the other hand, it works as a great excuse to not let some people drive my car. I simply tell them the auto mode doesn't function with the engine mods done, sorry

2014 M5 Competition Alpine/Sakhir
BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
2011 Space Grey E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)
Appreciate 0