07-28-2010, 11:39 AM   #36
301Bimmer9
It's Playtime
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
That's the base price. The base price of the M3 coupe is what, $58,000 I believe. Lots of M3s are 70K but that's with many options. I'm not familiar with Audi but the 70K base of the RS5 would be comparable only if the base car includes lots of amenities that you pay extra for in the BMW.

Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erio View Post
Yeah, but still a 13,000 premium on the M3. However, I have suspicion that the next generation F30 M3 will be in the same ballpark. If history serves itself, it will probably be 8-10,000 more than the current generation.
Ahh good points forgot about that. I was thinkin of what I paid for the M3 with options compared to the Audi base price. I was actually hoping the RS5 put up better numbers to push BMW to make an even better car.

With a $13k premium I couldn't imagine choosing it over the M3 unless I needed AWD. I thought it would outperform the M by a lot. There has to be some reasoning behind the price. Do you guys think the price may be adjusted based on the comparisons coming out if the RS5 is aimed to compete with the M3? Good info in this thread.