View Single Post
      07-08-2008, 04:57 PM   #36
VDPHB
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 F30 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
The write up was very well written. By that, I mean it was subtle in it's intent. If you truly want to do a write up on your M5 driving impressions then do just that. Instead you chose to compliment the M5 only to follow up with why you think the 335i is better. Your opinion though and your entiteled to it and so am I. Just don't piss in people's face and then tell them it's just a little rain.
winner=335i

winner=335i
dissapointed? come on, 7000 vs 8250 RPM and all of the sudden you couldn't realize it's true potential? You keep harping on the "high" RPM of the M5. You act like the peak rpm is twice as high. You've driven the car you now how fast it gets to 60/70/80 and to that peak RPM.
This is where it get good...
winner=335i
#1, first thing you mention is a comment on how your 335i really moves and how it "feels" much faster. I thought this was a review of the M5. Oh and the exhaust is more "beautiful" on the 335.

winner=335i
M5 too confusing.. just let me drive the damn thing!

winner=335i
MPG better on a FI I6 than a NA V10, DUH.
Sorry M5 0 for 3.

winner=335i

winner=335i
Yeah, no disrespect to you M5 owners but you paid too much for too much car that you won't even be able to enjoy to it's full potential unless you are on a track.
Jeez Metak,

I don't quite know what to say to your responses. I'm kinda speechless to be honest. We all have to use a point of reference for our experiences. It seems that you have an issue with the fact that mine comes from driving a 335i. In fact, the title of the thread says "E60 M5 driving impression from an E90 335i driver". I could use the Kia Rondo I rented as a point of reference to share my experience, but I don't think that would be helpful would it?

Furthermore, what irks me to the point of responding to you is that you are criticizing my opinion, yet you drive an M Coupe and an M3. Have you driven an E60 M5 and if so, why don't you share your views instead of cutting mine down? I'm just trying to figure out your motivation here because you make it sound like I have an ulterior motive, which I don't.

Like one of my old college English professors, you are reading my review, picking it apart word for word, and using certain excerpts to support your contention that I have an ulterior motive to say that the 335i is a better vehicle than the M5.

Let me be clear...as the author of my review and having read your critique of it, you are flat out wrong about my intentions and motives. I don't have a motive other than to share my love of BMWs with this community and forum.

I don't think anywhere did I explicitly say that the 335i was definitively better than the M5 except for maybe the cut and thrust of city driving and the exhaust note being more sonorous, which of course is subjective and not objective. You are interpreting my individual observations and applying it to my overall opinion of the M5.

I heaped praise on the M5 and I also admit to the fact that those who buy M cars can be in different financial standing than those of us who aren't, but wanted to share my perspective of an M car with those in similar situations.

In the end, I didn't disrespect the M5 or it's owners at all...my opinion was that it is so good, I could never realize it's potential on the street.

I'm not going to read into your words, misinterpret them and rebut them point for point, but let's just finish this with what I wrote:

"...if I could afford one, I'd take it". I don't think there is a higher endorsement for thinking the M5 is a better car than that and if you read into me being happy with my 335i as me declaring the 335i a better car, then I don't know how I can be more clear about it. The M5 is a better overall car and a more Ultimate Driving Machine then a 335i.

Also, in response to your post above, I can't control where these threads go...others are also entitled to their opinion and the way threads are posted, they often can go off topic and if they do, I'm not a moderator, so I can't shut it down, clean it up, redirect it back on topic or reprimand a fellow forum member.

Like any review, I shared my opinion and waited for feedback. It just bums me out that you would think that by expressing that I'm happy with my car after having the privilege of experiencing the M5, I have an ulterior motive.

I invite anyone to share their opinions and thoughts about the tone of my review because I always strive to be fair and objective even on something as subjective as driving a car.

Last edited by VDPHB; 07-08-2008 at 05:50 PM..
Appreciate 0