12-15-2016, 09:35 AM   #78
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldeskimo View Post
I am having the same problem here however it is not the battery (). I have had my mechanic change the battery from a Fiamm AMG to a Bosch AMG (both 100% brand new) and still a discharge continues. The issue is the car is not shutting down completely. After an hour or two it is still drawing around 1Amp whereas it should be closer to 0.08amps. The result is a massive drain on the battery overnight! Give it two days of no driving and the car will no start.

The computer in the rear of the car is quite warm when I return to the car after 2 hours suggesting it may have something to do with this? Not sure. Will tell my mechanic (ex BMW mechanic) to review the EDC module although we are struggling to find the source of the problem. Been a week now
Hi Cold, "computer in the rear", is that the stereo amp or? If so, did you try to simply disconnect it mate?
As I'm sure you've read that faulty EDC's can drain a lot current, seems to be the most common reason for battery drain. In this case I'm guessing you would have an EDC issue i.e. not changing levels, do you? Same thing here, you can pull the EDC module plug and see what happens although a bit trickier access.

Good luck
Appreciate 0