View Single Post
      11-01-2022, 11:32 PM   #76
Bimmer Barney
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E90M ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Barney View Post
So I was planning to do the engine vacuum tap but same issue as brake booster, the vacuum hose is much larger (I think 5/16") so the brass tee provided won't work. I really like the suggesting of running a separate vacuum pump to isolate the exhaust system from brake or engine systems in case there's a failure. I saw a thread from another member who had this issue and was chasing fault codes.

So, I too will wire in a separate vacuum pump and do the mounting in the trunk area since I have a few spaces that are currently available. I'll do some research and report back with photos of my install.
Alright well I'm back to the engine vacuum, following the original instructions. Just need to get the correct size Tee because the one provided isn't correct for tapping into the engine vacuum line. I haven't spent much time on this step because I've been enjoying the valve closed noise levels.

I came to this conclusion after reading up about numerous supercharger installs, and Valvetronic exhaust installs. I feel better about the reliability of this method. The brake booster still makes me uncomfortable, but engine as vacuum source seems fine.

Should have install wrapped up this week and will report back.
Soden82483.00