View Single Post
      10-26-2007, 01:06 AM   #74
gbb357
Captain
Rep
Drives: IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp2
I am not sure how many times I have to say it (adding a point here actually and refining a bit) but this is my conclusion. One or more of the following are INCONSISTENT:
1. The C&D performance figures acurately representing the average or even the peak performance of the car
2. The weight of 1690 kg
3. The reported hp and torque figures
4. The dyno results

This has nothing to do with brand loyalty, fanboy-ism, favoritism, bias, or any such thing. The "facts" as they are reported to us JUST DO NOT ADD UP. The C&D results for the car are too good given the specs and knowledge we have on it.
Exactly what basis that you have determine that any of these are inconsistent? Base on your calculation?! Car and Driver's figures or any other magazine's figures are base on average runs, they don't run a test just once and just take that as a final number. The same with the dyno results and hp and tq figures. The weight!? How hard is it to weight the car?! Again, as accurate as your calcultion can be, it does not calculate real world testing and situations. It does'nt calculate how to launch a car to get the best and quickest time. You do realize that these are professional drivers testing these cars, they don't launch the car like a normal or regular driver would. As you have mentioned yourself, it does not calculate the road condition, air temperature, humidity, tire condition, and most of all, the human factor condition. Basically what your saying is, your "data" or your calculation is the final conclusion. It does not matter what results any actual real world testing is done and reported, if it does'nt add up or match your "calculated data", then it's wrong. LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Please tell me your kidding. So why even bother testing the car, just punch in the numbers in your little formula and start calculating, BAM!!! We got the figures! On the 20% loss of power, as i stated before, it's not exact science. It's a common number that many have known to get when testing cars on a dyno. It's usally around 15% to 20%. Again, i've posted the dyno results, there is actual real world data. Why are you still questioning it. And the fact that it is actually consistent with another car with similar figures, probably means it's on the ballpark if not dead on.
Appreciate 0