03-08-2007, 03:34 PM   #12
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
I am probably going to receive some negative comments here:

But BMW as common practice bring pre-production models to big Motor Shows but keep them hidden from the main event . These closed door events are mainly for dealers and BMW personnel. But the M3 in it's production form is backstage along with the upcoming BMW 1er Coupe and Cabrio . Last year in Geneva the new 3er Coupe was kept behind closed doors whilst at Paris in September 06 The new BMW X5 and 3er cabrio were kept hidden. BMW are not alone in doing this many other manufacturers show off their future models it was last year behind closed doors that someone snapped the incoming TT behind the stage at Geneva . Beltley also had an example of the Continental GTC prior to it's NYC debut.
Although I have seen The Q7 V12TDi hidden behind a door at this years show I wonder what else is accompanying it.
Indeed do you think the wealthy inhabitants of Switzerland like to sample their prospective Rolls-Royces and Bugatti's in front of the great unwashed public? no that is why there is private viewing rooms.
How does one attend these private viewing rooms? Certainly, the press was not invited.

If I tell BMW I'll order (25) E92 M3's, will I be invited?

Speaking of which, I wish BMW had some kind of a referral program setup. Maybe something like, refer 20 buying customers to us and you'll get a free E92 M3.
Appreciate 0