1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suave View Post
Actually if the Ring becomes a certified Private track and no longer a toll road insurance companies including ED insurance will NOT cover it. I am planning an ED in July of this year so not a concern since new owners do not take over until 2015. I am sure they will insurance at the track if and when is needed.
I have no idea what a "certified private track is", but I can assure you that the 'Ring will continue to be accessible to the public, in particular during "Touristenfahrten". As I wrote in one of my earlier post, a law has been passed last year precisely to that effect. Whether any foreign insurance companies will tailor their product to cover this or not, is obviously another story. In Germany it does not make a difference for insurance purposes whether a track (or any other road) is privately owned or not.

Alpina_B3_Lux
This is great news! When I saw it was purchased I thought my dream of ripping up the ring in June might have been shattered.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0