View Single Post
      10-21-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
M3-TravelGuy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

FS: 97 M3 54k Miles Excellent condition (RI)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Sold!

I have finally decided to move up to a larger car so I am reluctantly selling my baby. It's a 97 M3 2 door with 54k miles on it. Located in Newport, RI.

I have owned it since 2000. I'm the second owner, purchased with 15k miles. Interior is in excellent condition. Leather shows only slight wear and the driver’s side bolster shows little wear. I use leather conditioner about once a month. I installed the Grom Bluetooth adapter so the car is able to play Bluetooth audio and take phone calls thru the stereo. The installation is made to look OEM. The only difference you can see is the mic is located on the pillar. I had the AC charged this summer and it blows nice and cold. It also has the HK stereo.

The exterior is also in great condition. The only real paint issue is on the passenger’s front panel where the previous owner had someone open a door on the panel causing a few paint chips. I also had someone put a small dent about the size of a silver dollar in the driver’s side rear panel. I had it pulled out and repainted. Tires only have about 7k miles on them and plenty of tread left. Also, Lojack is installed and transferrable to the new owner.

All maintenance has been performed as soon as it was needed. Control arm bushings were replaced, new steering rack, rear shock mounts, RTAB's, final stage resister, cabin filter, etc. Just had an alignment and the steering is nice and tight. I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of maintenance items that I have replaced over the years. All of the normal M3 issues have already been dealt with.

Oil has been changed every 3k miles or so. It maybe burns a half a quart a year. I have an eisenmann exhaust and an AA cold air intake which combined give the car a nice throaty growl. The original exhaust and intake also come with the car.
Also included would be 4 snow tires mounted on rims that are similar to the e46 M3’s competition package wheels. They have about 70% of the tread left.

I am very meticulous with this car. I clean it about once a week and never let a rattle go more than a few days before I fix it.

SOLD. Whoever gets this car will get a very well maintained and clean M3 for years to come.

More photos can be seen at:
http://www.katlemdesign.com/misc/bmw/

Attached Images

Last edited by M3-TravelGuy; 11-08-2012 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: Sold!
Appreciate 0