03-02-2009, 07:10 PM   #83
Irb Digital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M E90 MANual Jerez

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer_tx View Post
I was talking about during the Gm pricing, as that was when I was looking at purchasing a new car. There was still negotiation room, but you have to know how to negotiate... You can negotiate some rally good deals on a z06 from many dealer right now, as a dealer near me has around 20 of them that have been sitting there for several months....

$10k of negotiation room after, $10k off. Show me 1. And don't talk to me about your hypothetically super sweet negotiation skills. And currently there's no $10k off, just $2k or 0% APR. Just some FYI, used C6 Z06's are still at $45k on up

No, I was not going to strip out the 135i, I was going to do a series of lightweight replacement pieces, which add up very quickly. The stock 135i tested in at 3,399lbs. The corvette Z06 weighed in at 3,222 (Edmunds was used for both figures). that leaves me with a 177lbs to cut to become equal in weight, which is not hard to do. You put a braille battery in, that 35lbs in savings. You get rid of the heavy stock wheels and tires, that's another 30lbs. you replace the stock hood and trunk, that's easily 50 lbs. you can save another 40 lbs by putting Recaro pole position seats in (BMW performance seats). upgraded suspension components will save another 10 lbs. replace the glass on the sunroof with cf, that saves 22 lbs. If my math is correct, that would make it 10 lbs lighter than a Z06 while keeping a full interior... It is easily possible, so try to know what you are talking about before opening your mouth...I probably wont take it to this extreme, but it proves a point

You said a "few hundred pounds" not 177. Everything I've seen puts the Z06 around 3150lbs. As far as your math, its not correct, its optimistic at best. You make it sound easy, we don't need to bicker back and forth about it, just show me some before and after proof.

I have to agree that there are issues that are unforeseeable, but when you have designed the roof so poorly that it can fall off, it is piss poor engineering... If you need to weld the car roof to the car, do it. How did they manage to take a component of the car that is usually structural, and make it so that it falls off the car?

It might be a structural piece, but its removable on all other models, similar to a strut bar, or some other chassi strengthening "attached" piece. A glued in piece came loose, a problem was identified, recalled and fixed. Nothing more, nothing less.

No, I said that I could buy either of them, I would have financed the z06, as they were have 0% financing as well... I was cross shopping them, not saying they are in the smae price range. It was brought up by the Focus driver that apparently everyone that drives a 1 series pays 35k for one, and that their is no way that I could afford a z06. which is when I brought up that there are options, and that just because I bought a 46k dollar car, doesn't mean that I couldn't afford a more expensive car...

I don't remember Employee pricing ($10k off) plus 0% APR being offered together. It was 1 or the other. You could drive a Yugo, that doesn't mean you can't afford a Z06. What's questionable is who, cross shops a Z06 with a 135i. BMW has several other models that are much closer in terms of price and performance. What most people will conclude, including myself, is that you chose the 135i because it was cheaper, no matter what you "could" afford.

Enough of the nonsense, do any of the things you said you will do. Such as:
1. Beat a Z06 around a track with a driver of similar skill in a 135i
2. Show some before and after of you shaving "a few hundered pounds" with a full interior
3. Show me a dealership willing to sell a new Z06 for $20k off
4. Stop being a fanboi when you come over here, or stay over on 1addicts where your stupidity will go unquestioned

Well you didn't actually say you would do #4, I just added that in for fun, but I hope you take it seriously.