View Single Post
      01-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
rantarM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
Eh...not sure. Ok, you upgrade the rotor but I think you'll find that the system's heat capacity is limited by the caliper. Then the rotors are $1150/pr?
I was more interested in the weight reduction for improvement in steering feel and suspension operation. The thought was that coupled with a set of lightweight 18's, there would be a noticeable difference. But I think from a practical standpoint, it would only be worth doing the front rotors.

It appears that the weight of the stock rear rotors was overstated by Racing Brake to be 24 lbs. when based on the weight savings thread, the weight is really ~19.7 lbs. That's less than 2 lbs. per side weight savings on the rear. Also based on the weight savings thread, the Brembo and Stoptech calipers don't net that much in weight savings to warrant the expense, if weight savings is the main goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
These are the ones we are offering by Racing Brake.
Please PM price for front only. But I would like to know if there would be any issues with running the Racing Brake front with OEM rear rotors. See above re. weight savings on rear rotors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Was looking into those the other day. Not exactly cheap when you do 4 rotors.
Not worth doing 4 rotors, only front two, IMO (see above).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard@M-World View Post
Everyone engages in sales puffery but I think the incorrect rear rotor weight used is misleading.
Appreciate 0