01-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #21
Chris M4CS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M4CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenb11 View Post
I have that repeater and it's terrible! The thing works for a few days, then gets intermittent, then stops working altogether until you re-pair it to the garage door opener. I gave up on it and went back to using the standalone clicker.

Considering Security+ 2.0 has been around for a while (I believe that the spec is 5+ years old and Chamberlain has been using it for about 2-3 years) it's surprising that BMW hasn't had their built-in opener (or whomever they source it to) updated.
eisenb11: You are the first person I've heard of having an issue with the repeater! I have been using mine for about a year now and have never had to re-pair it to the opener. I have two Liftmaster 8550 openers on my garage and have one repeater plugged into the AC outlet that powers one of my openers, so its directly above the opener about 1 foot.

I have three vehicles with two of them requiring the repeater; my M3 and my wife's Juke. I also have a 2010 Dodge Ram truck that is compatible with the newer rolling code. Johnson Controls makes all the Homelink brand opener modules for the car companies as well as the repeater module. From what I understand, very few imports use the newer rolling code technology, but most American car companies have switched. I will say, that my two imports do require a longer push of the button to open the door where my Ram requires a much shorter duration.

Perhaps your repeater is defective, suffering RF interference or just mounted in a bad location? Did you get your repeater free from Homelink or did you buy yours? Depending on the car, Homelink was providing repeaters for free,; just pay about $7 shipping costs. It is unfortunate that BMW and others have not updated their Homelinks...you would think that a car that costs as much as these do, they would! Anyway, I don't want to be off topic from this thread so if you have any questions just PM me. Good luck!
Appreciate 0