05-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #13
Sleeper519
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by track_warrior View Post
Ok guys well im a member of Harris Hill Mazda Raceway and i normally track my track prepped FR-S about 2 times a month but recently started to itch tracking the M3 more. I tracked my E92 stock and immediately noticed the stock brakes & tires were not optimal for the track. I purchased a few upgrades since i will be tracking her probably once every 4 months but she will still be my DD and the FR-S will still be my track beast. I know most of you go BBK but its hard to justify spending that much money on two track cars, im still building the FR-S and FI is on my sights. I know the M3 is a heavy car and the stock brake setup was horrible but how will the new setup work out, do you guys still think the stock brakes are crap even with the upgrades i bought. Also how much life are you guys seeing from the stock rotors and whats a good replacement?

Purchased:

-APEX ARC-8 18X10
-Nitto NT01'S 275/35/18
-Spiegler Front and Rear SS Lines
-AP 600 Brake Fluid
-Ferrodo DS2500 pads (How are these for the track & street)

What are your opinion on these parts? Anything i might be missing for an occasional track day.

BTW the M3 stock pulled a lap time of 1:29.9 in comparison my fully track prepped bolton FR-S pulls a 1:27.1 on slicks.

Bonus pic of the FR-S:

Just curious--if you have already purchased these parts, why do you want other people's opinions on them?

2008 M3 Coupe / DCT // StopTech BBK 380/355 / Pagid RS29 / Motul / Apex Arc-8 / BFG R1S / Ground Control / MS filter / Performance spoiler / BPM tune // Road Atlanta 1:39.70 / VIR Full 2:10.87 / Barber 1:42.20
Appreciate 0