04-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #42
626m3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by riM3 View Post
Bump

OP - did the lease transfer thing with my (former) 335i. Went to a fellow forum member after a lot of fits and starts (lots of interest, not a lot of good credit).

I'd recommend assembling the following in a DropBox or Google Drive folder:

1. Lots of high res pics
2. Your Lease Agreement, warranties, etc (of course, hide your ss, etc.)
3. CarFax (silly, I know, but people will ask)
5. Scanned copies of maintenance records
6. Scanned copy of a PPI from reputable dealer
7. Sample BMW Lease Transfer Docs (call BMW and ask for a sample, or google for them)

If you can link/share the above with interested parties it will drastically reduce the back/forth that occurs before actually approaching BMW FS. PPI may seem frivolous with low miles, but it will extend your reach past local lessors. Sample transfer docs are helpful in that they clearly outline the process.

w/ a $6k incentive, IMHO, you're getting closer to market (especially with wheel and tire).

Lastly, I would recommend parting out - as nice as your mods are, they probably hurt more than they help.

GLWT!
Hey, thanks for the bump and advice. I have most of those items composed and put together in a folder ready to view. However, I dont have a serious party yet. I am at my ceiling with the incentive. If it doesnt sell or transfer, I will keep it and enjoy the hell outa this amazing machine!
Appreciate 0