07-29-2007, 04:45 PM   #48
Evo8MRto335I
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: can't list them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by that guy nico View Post
when you launched with the paddle shifters, what did you rev at? sorry for all the questions just trying to prepare myself for the next time i go to LACR

1500-2500rpm. This car has so much torque that even at 1500rpm will do fine.

Keep in mind that what I am going to tell you it might sounds insane and crazy but the BMW is the only car I ever had which I raced at the track with RWD. In the 12 years that I have been drag racing I only had either FWD or AWD (mayority) so just about anyone else on this forum would be as good giving you an advise.

I ocasionally use the G-tech but I don't really pay much attention to that. I keep reading over and over from people posting their Belltronic and Gtech times and I say to myself that proves not much. You really need to take the car to a real track with real speed sensors and real timeslips.

If you have a Steptronic I wouldn't even worry much at all, the Steptronics are truly phenomenal launching from a dead stop. That is the great adavantage of the Step, even if you never raced the car before it allows you to pull coinsistent great 60' times so I wouldn't strees that too much, I know that you will do excellent times.

If you put an expert and a roockie on a Step mostl;ikely they will pull identical 60', if you put a rookie and a expert on a 6 speed manual chances are that the expert will leave the roockie in the dust when launching. For that same reason I am not worry about you launching it.
Appreciate 0