12-21-2009, 08:00 AM   #49
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG_C63_AMG View Post
In regards to your first statement I can make a few comments in response. If you haven't noticed, many members who participate on this forum especially in this section have owned a M3/M-Car in the past. It's also obvious a lot of members on here are first time M3/M-Car owners. With that being said, I think everyone intentions are to contribute to the conversation in a positive way. The problem is there are a few members on here driving the current M3 whose posts/comments are equivalent to beliefs that the world is flat and man can walk on water. A good diversity of membership, especially in this section, works to try to balance out reality and fantasy.

Again everyone knows the E92/90 M3 is superior then the AMG chassis. It should be anyways considering the intensive development put into it. These brands do carry two different philosophies and I agree with you on that.

I also agree that the development of a DCT type transmission would certainly be to the advantage of AMG. However, there are well aware of that and have produced such a transmission in the SLS AMG.
I honestly don't understand the backlash from some people when the discussion doesn't solely centre around the M3, surely discussion and debate is productive on any forum as a solely M3 'holier than thou' forum would become very boring to say the least.

The very fact so many other brand car owners post here is proof that they value the M brand and still have a desire to own one again, plus they may well feel that this forum in general has a collection of like-minded enthusiasts that happen that love discussing cars............all cars.
Appreciate 0