bulletproof
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmund1948 View Post
If the formula works out thats an MSRP of between $54 and $56K USD
They get advance info on projected US pricing from BMW AG in Germany who sets the pricing NOT BMW North America.

I can tell you as well that the Production schedule has US coupes being built for Magazines/Testing in January 1st part of February The Dealers all get one car with almost the Same Specs for Launch This takes place, End of January and February, Customer orders and
dealers with allocation custom orders Will likely start Early March, If all goes well a few may get built at the end of February, I was told to expect my car to be built tentatively around the middle of March early April at the latest. Like any company using suppliers they have to plan this far and further out. This info came from the planner who schedules these !

Hope this lends a little credence to the first post. I will be attending the auto show in Frankfurt on the Press days and will be testing a German version on a track in early to mid October.

I believe the M3 will have a lot of Packages that will push the car into the
mid to high 60K range and beyond in the US plus additional Dealer Markup

Hope that makes sense

American in Germany
Just curious... how will you be getting access to the Press Days 13-14th? I will be in Germany during that time and want to go, but didnt think it was possible, thinking it was only available to the Press on those days...

I fly out on the 15th, so I'll miss the Public Days.

Thanks for any info!
Appreciate 0