View Single Post
      11-12-2010, 09:22 AM   #196
Hawk Lax
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 AW Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3LOL View Post
My kind of man, to me handling is the #1 performance factor i consider. STi's handle very well (while they do need the slightest bit of help from the factory). When I compare the m3 to the subie in the corers, the bottom line is the subie has more mechanical grip. The awd system allows you to put the power down at any point, and when driven correctly is neutral for the most part. Now when you talk about chassis dynamics? As in understeer/oversteer and being able to intentionally induce these things, the m3 would have to take that. This in large part has to do with the rwd chassis, (a good one at that). But in my humble opinion, the m3 just has this "fat" feeling it can never shake.
You obviously don't know much about car handling. To be truly fast on a track you need the ability to rotate the car and drive it at an optimal slip angle through the corners. The ability to do just that in the m3 is its handling advantage. Any "fat" feeling that you noticed is probably due to the power assist to the steering.
Appreciate 0