View Single Post
      09-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #60
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbkr31 View Post
My bearings were replaced with the VAC coated units a few months ago by Active Auto. They had advised that the clearances were the same as the OEM as they had a set to compare them to.

I'm also running Mobil 1 0W50 racing oil for the past few months. I'm also super charged with Active's current kit. The only thing I've noticed other than the engine RPMs being somewhat quicker and getting to temps faster is my oil gauge is all over the place. Sometimes it measures oil being full and then other times being half-way then a quarter. I've since replaced the oil gauge and it still happens, however it been more consistent with the readings.

I'm going to talk to Active about this and see what they say about this matter. Not sure if the "thinness" of the oil is impacting the reading of the oil level.

In addition, "Scrappy" the senior engine builder at Active who has built a few S65 motors told me that clearance is the issue with these engines and he's opened up a bunch and seen the same results we've been discussing. So BMWLVR/Kawas/RegularGuy are all on point as far as I'm concerned.

To each his own.
Weird. I'm running even thinner 0W40 and my oil gauge is reading just one tick below max, and hasn't been fluctuating.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0