Thread: Speeding Ticket
View Single Post
      04-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #44
airwave808
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

After reading some comments on the post, I don't think there is enough knowledge about Passport 9500 ci. It combines a radar detector with a hidden, water proof, radar detector with a laser jammer called the Shifter ZR4 and radar camera alerts. It is 100% invisible to all police Radar Detector Detectors including RCMP and OPP Spectre RDD in Canada, VG2, VG3, Spectre ii, Spectre iii and Spectre iv+.

Here in Canada, cops are also equipped to detect if you have a radar detector and as far as I know this is the only one that goes undetected. Basically, you still need to slow down, however, you have more than a second because when the officer hits you first time, he won't get a correct reading allowing you to slow down and so on. I can vouch for this product because I have used for last year or so without any issues in Ontario, NY, NJ and New England.

Also, I want to mention that here in Ontario the limit is 100 km/h on a road (407 ETR) where everyone drives at 130 km/h and basically a cop picks on who to give the ticket. I have a friend who was going 140 km/h in a 90 km/h zone and the cop basically told him that he wasn't stopping anyone going over 40 km/h and under. At the end of the day, it really depends who you encounter.

At the end of the day, most of us know who funds the Cops with laser / radar detectors, otherwise, for most people, they would pay a fine and move on but in North America, you get punished for it for the next 3-5 years.
Appreciate 0