View Single Post
      12-04-2009, 08:54 PM   #41
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X3 M40i

Huh? The 2009s already adopted the 2nd generation iDrive and the new multi-button controller.

In my opinion there won't be Stop-Start on an engine/transmission combination that wasn't designed to accommodate it to begin with either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
As others have said, I doubt VERY much this will be the case. It will remain a 2010, like the E46, and be informally called a 2010.5. I would lay money on this.

"Just as the BMW 3-Series Coupe and Convertible are due for a facelift, so are the high-performance M3 Coupe and M3 Convertible, both of which have been captured once again testing in prototype form.

The only noticeable difference is the slightly revised tail lamps, which get new LED elements. Most of the visual changes will take place inside, and will include improved trim, a new center armrest and a second-generation iDrive system with four selector buttons for commonly used features such as the stereo. The iDrive system should also feature a new 8.8 inch LCD display and an optional 80 GB hard drive music and navigation system.
Power levels will remain unchanged, meaning the high-revving 4.0-liter V-8 from the current model will carry over with a peak output of 420 horsepower. One possibility is the addition of fuel-saving engine stop-start system, though BMW is yet to make any announcements of such a move for its M cars.

Expect the facelifted M3 range to debut as 2010 models at next year’s Detroit Auto Show in January." --M-Series.com
Appreciate 0