05-27-2011, 04:24 PM   #6
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
That comment resonated with me. It is precisely why I am leaning towards Cayman S even though 1M is growing on me more and more. Suppose with age I am starting to take notice I am fallible.
Owning a few Boxsters I can say that there is few rwd cars more forgiving than the Cayman, it's one of the reasons why I am such a fan of this car. I haven't anything against the 1M and can fully understand why EVO especially fell head over heels for this car, the more gifted the driver the more pleasure one can get out of it. But everyone and I mean EVERY ONE of those journalists say it's a raw back to basics type of a car, very much from a generation or two back so to drive it quick you REALLY need to know what you are doing and be fully committed and have your wits about you.

The number of d1cks that feel this is the car for them because they have some misguided belief they can drive with probably learn very quickly and expensively that they made the wrong choice and will either end up getting rid or driving less aggressively.
Appreciate 0