Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Only because I'm not sure yet...

The C63 is the closest car to the M3 that is as practical as a DD and the 2012 is very, very nice... hence why I say I'm leaning in the direction.
C63 is a great choice Heath! I like that car, except there are 10x as many C63 rolling around Vancouver than M3s. Asians and their AMGs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by First M View Post
Ok, how do the 19" handle in the snow? If I wanted to buy, approx how much does a setup like this cost retail?

Thanks.
18s vs 19s isn't a big deal in the snow. Tire choice and driver skill makes the biggest difference. Cost = wheels ($1k-6k+!) + tires (~$1200-1600) + mount/balance/install. VMR/Alufelgen wheels can be had for $1000 a set; there are lots of OEM used/take-offs for sale; VS8.2s are ~$3400 new; the options are endless.

I believe Heath is using the MORR VS8.2s for his summer setup, and OEM 359s for the winter with the Blizzaks. His items for sale just happen to be mixed between the two. Lots of great winter setup threads - just search. Or if you're lazy, ask around in the Canadian subsection.
Appreciate 0